Three simple steps to make tasty cranberry brie tartlets for Thanksgiving dessert
By Deborah Moskovitch, News Service of Florida
May 1, 2020
By Dan Redler
Princess & Frog
For Thanksgiving dessert, make cranberry brie tartlets. (cc: You must take advantage of this time of year to make these: Thank you! -daniel.redler)
26 ozs. Stilton cheese, finely diced
16 ozs. Sautéed and diced shallots, cut in half
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1. In a large skillet, combine shallots and cranberries and cook over medium heat until the shallots are softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine Stilton, shallots, and potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine cream, sugar, flour, baking powder, and vanilla and mix with a whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, combine buttermilk and honey.
5. Using a spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the custard mixture until just combined. Stir in the butter until smooth.
6. Divide the mixture evenly among 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool slightly.
8. Spread frosting evenly over the tartlets. Allow them to cool completely on a rack.
9. Serve chilled or, for best results, keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. They’ll last up to 6 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information (per tartlet serving)
375 calories: 18% from fat, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 22 g protein, 438 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
Dan Redler of Princess & Frog Meals is a recognized expert on cooking, gardening, landscape design, decorating, fitness and cooking the healthful Mediterranean way. To find out more about Princess & Frog and what Dan recommends and does, click here. Or e-mail [email protected]